New Neighborhoods Scheduled for James Island
James Island will see some changes over the next 3 years. Here is a quick snapshot at what is going on:
- Harbor homes is about to begin building 19 new homes in Ocean Neighbors
- Crescent Homes is about to begin building 25 new homes on Riverland Drive across from the golf course.
- DR Horton has begun building about 20 LARGE homes in Island Shores (located down Woodland Shores toward the Stono River)
- New Leaf Builders is about to begin 12 homes on Woodland Shores Rd.
- DR Horton is about to begin developing and building 38 homes in Harbor Woods off of Regatta Rd
- Beazer is about to begin developing and building 88 homes in the front of Seaside Plantation
- And finally at the corner of Grimball and Folly on the junkyard site, Associated Developers is about to begin developing and building an unknown number of homes…but I have heard the number might be in the 75-100+ range.
The total number here is staggering:
277-302 homes. This does not include small builders who will do 1’s and 2’s scattered about.
We have also heard that another National builder has an offer on the Church property behind the soccer fields on Ft Johnson Road.
And of course, there are 11.19 acres listed at the corner of Dills Bluff and Camp Rd for sale, which will allow for around another 33 units.
How do you feel about all of the proposed development going on for James Island?
Please comment below...
Mike Ciucci specializes in the Charleston SC real estate market. He has been a Charleston realtor for over 15 years, focusing on quality and attention to detail his clients have come to expect.