The Top 5 Ways to Sell Your Home in Charleston, SC
5. Be fully ready and committed before you decide to sell. The worst thing you can do is have a house that's not ready. Be it not clean yet, or "We just need to replace the carpets soon", or "We'll do the landscaping early next week"- the house should be in show condition. The most important buyers will be the one's looking first. A new house on the market has an 'excitability' factor to it. People love the newest and freshest. A lot of times, these buyers have looked, know the market, and have seen the current houses on the market. When they see yours, it should be the "finished product". It's probably your most expensive asset, treat it as such!
4. Attract buyers emotionally. However you want to spin it, buyers purchase with emotion. You've heard the story- the buyer "falls in love" with the house. Talk to any buyer at a cocktail party and you can notice their wide eyes when telling the story of the house they'd just found. You, as sellers, need to capture this when selling. Great, how? From the moment they pull up in the car, until they leave the house. This means landscaping, shutters, exterior cleanliness (a $99 power wash goes a long way), the smell of the home (candles?), proper lighting, having all the blinds open, a good deep cleaning on the inside, all the lights on (notice I mention this twice), all personal photos removed, little notes to show buyers the neat features of something or ample storage space right here or there, proper photos online taken from your agent, the description written in the MLS (give your agent suggestions of what you LOVE about the house!), clean showers and tubs, and above all else- leave the house. The buyers will spend more time in the house without you in it.
3. Competitive Price. This is critical; you MUST price your home accordingly. The Law of Supply and Demand...how does your house compare in price to your competition? Is your house the best-priced, or third best-priced? How many comparable homes are selling in your neighborhood? Because if yours is the third-best priced home, and 1 home is selling every 3 months, then prepare to wait 9 months to sell. Know your competition. And the last thing, the longer your house stays on the market, the more difficult it will be to sell. People at the grocery store look for the fresh bread, right?
2. List with the right company. Carolina One Real Estate sells more homes than any other brokerage in Charleston. We sell 1 of 3 homes sold. It is an understatement for me to say that Carolina One provides me with the best opportunities for any seller: Magazine publications for my sellers' homes, TV ads on Knology and Comcast, repeated advertising in the Post & Courier- these are just a few things given to us Carolina One brokers. The Carolina One Marketing department is continually analyzing and refining marketing theories and the best way to market your home. They are a huge asset for any broker/agent, as well as home seller.
1. Market Exposure with the right broker/agent. Let me ask you a question: What is the best medium for advertising, to reach the most buyers looking for a home? The answer is online presence to the world, marketing your house in Charleston 24 hours a day. If your broker is not getting you the best exposure (which allows for the best opportunity to reach as many buyers as possible), then they are not doing enough. We have an online marketing campaign that frankly- other real estate brokerages in Charleston have trouble competing with. Go to Google and type in the most-used real estate search term, "Charleston SC Real Estate". Where do we come in? How about "Charleston SC Real Estate Blog"? In both circumstances, we should be in the top 5 of all agents/brokerages in Charleston, maybe even in the #1 spot. My goal would be to get you noticed.
Mike Ciucci specializes in the Charleston SC real estate market. He has been a Charleston realtor for over 15 years, focusing on quality and attention to detail his clients have come to expect.