Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address?
26 South Battery Street, Charleston, SC
One of the finest major surviving Italianate buildings erected in Charleston before the civil war. The front facade features an L-shaped asymmetrical plan with pedimented front gable and arched wooden loggias. The scale, interior arrangement and its ornamentation are ideal for social gatherings. There is a semi-circular staircase lit by an octagonal skylight. There are four bedrooms in the main house, a large eat in kitchen and numerous sitting rooms. At the rear of the property are the original dependencies which provide a two car garage and two separate one bedroom apartments. The lot is one of the largest in the neighborhood with a high privacy wall and plenty of room to build a pool and outdoor entertaining area.
- MLS® #18007821
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage7,059
- Square Footage7059.00
- Year Built1853
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Detached
- Parking Spaces2
- ParkingAttached, 2 Car Garage
- # of Garages2
- GaragesAttached, 2 Car Garage
- ExteriorSolid Brick, Stucco
- RoofMetal, Slate
- FoundationCrawl Space
- Days on Website603
- Address26 South Battery Street
- Area51 - Peninsula Charleston Inside of Crosstown
- SubdivisionSouth of Broad
- Zip Code29401
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Wall to Wall Carpet, Wood
- Interior FeaturesCeilings - 9'+, Window Treatments - All, Elevator, Garden Tub/Shower, Skylight, Walk-In Closets
- HeatingGas, Heat Pump
- CoolingCentral, Other
- FireplacesBedroom, Den, Dining Room, Family Rm, Gas Logs, Kitchen, Three +
- Stories2 Story
- Listing Office:Lois Lane Properties
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Carolina One Real Estate are marked with the Broker ReciprocitySM logo or the Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2019 Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.