Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address?
31 E Battery Street, Charleston, SC
Offered for the first time in five generations, the c. 1837 Shackleford-Williams House is an exceptionally well-preserved antebellum mansion and one of the oldest homes on one of America's most iconic streets. From Civil War bombardment to natural disasters, its historic details have withstood the test of time. Interior wood paneling and custom Tiffany-designed details still reflect the Charleston families who ensured its preservation for centuries. Sitting directly across from the Charleston Harbor, enjoy gorgeous views from the three-story bay windows and sea breezes from the patio and piazzas. The few alterations made over a century ago allow for the inclusion of modern amenities and ample parking without jeopardizing the dwelling's historic character.
- MLS® #18020937
- Full Baths5
- Square Footage7,505
- Square Footage7505.00
- Year Built1837
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Detached
- AmenitiesTrash Pickup
- ParkingOff-st Prkng
- GaragesOff-st Prkng
- ExteriorWood Siding, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesIron Fence, Patio, Wrap Rnd Por, Brick Fence, Stoop, Strg/outbldg
- Lot DescriptionCorner, Marshview, Riverfront, River View, Ocean View
- FoundationCrawl Space
- Days on Website180
- Address31 E Battery Street
- AreaPeninsula Chas. inside of crosstown
- SubdivisionSouth of Broad
- Zip Code29401
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Wood
- Interior FeaturesCeilings - 9'+, Ceiling - Smooth, Walk-In Closets, Wet Bar, Window Treatments - Some
- HeatingForced Air
- FireplacesBedroom, Dining Room, Great Rm, Living Rm, Three +, Den
- Stories3 Story
- Listing Office:William Means Real Estate, Llc
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Carolina One Real Estate are marked with the Broker ReciprocitySM logo or the Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2019 Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.