Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address?
44 King Street, Charleston, SC
Built in the late 1700's, the John McKee House is the quintessential example of a ''Charleston Single'' home. Located on King Street in the heart of downtown Charleston, and in the desirable South of Broad neighborhood, within walking distance of all Charleston has to offer. This approximately 3500 square foot home has 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, expansive outdoor spaces, off street parking and a garage. The John McKee House offers the best of both worlds, an important historical Charleston property with all of the modern conveniences and systems of a new home. The home underwent a comprehensive renovation and restoration in 2014 to the highest possible standards by a team of highly regarded professionals. American Vernacular, Solaris, Inc., Jackye Lanham Designs, and Gardner LandscapeArchitects performed the arduous task of modernizing the property while maintaining the historic elements and charm. The result is an extraordinary and distinctive property ready to welcome a discerning new owner. Upgrades to the insulation, windows and HVAC systems, etc makes this house energy efficient with low monthly utility bills. Home can be sold furnished for $4,095,000.
- MLS® #18027426
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage3,504
- Square Footage3504.00
- Year Built1790
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Detached
- StyleChas. Single
- AmenitiesCable Avail, Extra Storag, Trash Pickup, Laundry Facility
- FeaturesTankless Water Heater
- Parking Spaces1
- ParkingOff-st Prkng, 1 Car Garage
- # of Garages1
- GaragesOff-st Prkng, 1 Car Garage
- ExteriorSolid Brick, Wood Siding
- Exterior FeaturesGutters, Lawn Irriga., Patio, Privacy Fenc, Strg/outbldg
- Lot DescriptionLevel, 0 - .5 Acre
- Days on Website112
- Address44 King Street
- AreaPeninsula Chas. inside of crosstown
- SubdivisionSouth of Broad
- Zip Code29401
- InteriorWood, Stone
- Interior FeaturesCeilings - 9'+, Ceiling - Beamed, Ceiling - Smooth, Walk-In Closets, Wet Bar, Window Treatments - All
- HeatingHeat Pump
- FireplacesBedroom, Gas Logs, Living Rm, Two
- Stories3 Story
- Listing Office:Hudson Phillips Properties Charleston Llc
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Carolina One Real Estate are marked with the Broker ReciprocitySM logo or the Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2019 Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.