Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address?
8/10 Ropemakers Lane, Charleston, SC
Rare opportunity to own a unique property South of Broad. . .first time on the market in almost 25 years. . .features main house (c.1800) as well as detached guest house (c.1880) that could be monthly rental. . .OR entire property could be converted to two condominiums. . .brick walled and gated on high ground with on site parking, this property is truly one of a kind! The main house was the original carriage house to 68 Meeting Street and the guest house was a laboratory built by Dr. Shepherd who owned 68 Meeting. The main house of solid brick is a two-story, two-bedroom, one and a half bath home prized with antique cypress paneling from the Savannah River and original wide planked heart pine flooring. The guest house of solid English brick is of noteworthy design in the"Richardson Romanesque" style and of fine construction including terra cotta tile detailing and Flemish bond brick work. The interior is a two-story, one-bedroom one bath home with quaint living/dining, fireplace and kitchen. The homes face each other across the Sheila Wertimer hard-scape designed courtyard. . . making the interior of this property a lovely private oasis complete with antique fountain added by the current owner. This property is truly a gem awaiting its new owner to embrace and enhance its history. Hanging lights in dining room and hall do not convey.
- MLS® #18028078
- Full Baths2
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage2,372
- Square Footage2372.00
- Year Built1800
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Detached
- StyleCottage, Carriage/Kitchen Hse
- AmenitiesCable Avail, Trash Pickup
- ParkingOff-st Prkng
- GaragesOff-st Prkng
- ExteriorWood Siding, Solid Brick, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesGutters, Lawn Irriga., Patio, Spcl Lights, Strg/outbldg, Brick Fence, Iron Fence, Other
- Lot Description0 - .5 Acre
- RoofSlate, Other
- FoundationCrawl Space, Slab
- Days on Website400
- Address8/10 Ropemakers Lane
- Area51 - Peninsula Charleston Inside of Crosstown
- SubdivisionSouth of Broad
- Zip Code29401
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Wood
- Interior FeaturesCeilings - 9'+, Window Treatments - All, Garden Tub/Shower, Ceiling - Smooth
- HeatingElectric, Gas, Heat Pump
- FireplacesGas Logs, Living Rm, Two
- Stories2 Story
- Listing Office:Carolina One Real Estate
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Carolina One Real Estate are marked with the Broker ReciprocitySM logo or the Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2019 Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.