Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address?
70 Otter Island Road, Kiawah Island, SC
Located on one of the most unique streets of Kiawah Island as well as the Lowcountry, you will find this private retreat waiting for you to call it home. Not only do you have a deep-water dock and encompassing marsh views, you also have an easy walk to the best part of Kiawah's world-renowned beach. 70 Otter Island is located near the end of a private cul-de-sac and was meticulously constructed by one of Kiawah's most sought after builders, Dan Buffington. Starting with the third-floor master retreat, you will find hers and his private bathrooms, cathedral ceilings and a gas fireplace. The generous master suite offers a library, which could be utilized as an office or art studio, as well as a private covered balcony and an open veranda, both of which offer incredible nature views.Featuring ever-present marsh views, the main floor boasts an ideal floor plan, whether you enjoy entertaining family and friends or want to experience peaceful serenity as a couple. The gourmet country kitchen is appointed with top-of-the-line appliances and includes a comfortable keeping room. The spacious living and dining room showcases custom details throughout, a gas fireplace and access to the winter porch, wine cellar and grilling deck. The first floor is home to three bedrooms with private bathrooms, an office, and a deck with private spa, perfect for relaxing and appreciating the ocean breezes, views of nature and a glass of wine. The generous sized spa can be enjoyed with hot water jets and blower or simply a place to cool off after time on the beach in the summer. In the mornings, take an easy walk to the beach and revel in the beautiful sunrise. When you are ready to go paddle boarding, kayaking or fishing, just walk out on your deep-water dock and enjoy. Being located on Bass Creek, you have easy access to the Stono River, the Kiawah River and the ocean. The four-stop elevator can take you to all floors, including the climate-controlled garage which boasts ample storage space. This special private property is offered appointed with fine furnishings, valuable antiques, oriental area rugs, including one that was appraised over $25,000, and a Kiawah Island Club Golf Membership opportunity.
- MLS® #19029575
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage5,145
- Square Footage5145.00
- Year Built2000
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Detached
- AmenitiesBoat Ramp, Boat Storage, Club House, Club Membership Available, Dock Facilities, Exercise Area, Extra Storag, Gated Comm, Golf, Golf Membership Available, Neighborhood Pool, Play Park, Security Guard/Sys, Tennis Court, Trash Pickup, Walk Jog Trails
- Parking Spaces3
- Parking3 Car Garage
- # of Garages3
- Garages3 Car Garage
- Is WaterfrontYes
- PoolNeighborhood Pool
- ExteriorCement Plank
- Exterior FeaturesCovr'd Patio, Deck, Dock Existng, floating dock, Full Fr Prch, Gutters, Iron Fence, Lawn Irriga., Patio, Shared Dock, Spcl Lights, Work Shop, Wrap Rnd Por, Balcony
- Lot DescriptionCul-De-Sac, High, Level, Marshfront, Marshview, River Access, Riverfront, River View, W/frnt-deep, 1/2 -1 Acre
- FoundationElev Construction
- Days on Website31
- Address70 Otter Island Road
- Area25 - Kiawah
- SubdivisionKiawah Island
- CityKiawah Island
- Zip Code29455
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Wall to Wall Carpet, Wood, Stone
- Interior FeaturesCeilings - 9'+, Ceiling - Cathedral/Vaulted, Elevator, Kitchen Island, Ceiling - Smooth, Ceiling - Tray, Walk-In Closets, Wet Bar, Wine Cellar
- FireplacesBedroom, Family Rm, Gas Logs, Great Rm, Living Rm, Two
- Stories3 Story
- ElementaryMt. Zion
- MiddleHaut Gap
- HighSt Johns
- Listing Office:Akers Ellis Real Estate Llc
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Carolina One Real Estate are marked with the Broker ReciprocitySM logo or the Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2019 Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.